Friday, January 29, 2010

Out with the old in with the new

I have been thinking for awhile know that this ironing board cover needed replaced. Then one day was blog hopping and landing at Moda BakeShop and found the perfect way to recover my ironing board. So yesterday I spent making this bright and fun new cover. It sure looks better than that scorched and ripped cover. I had to look back in my blog to see how long it lasted, almost two years I got out of that cover. Maybe this quilted one will last longer (fingers crossed).

So tonight after work I got right to work and ironed the fabric that I picked up for my SBS block. I have never tried y-seams before and this proved to not be the easiest thing I have tackled. I know that with practice this will be easier, but hopefully (if I'm lucky) I won't have to do many of these y-seams. This is one of them blocks that if I do get better at y-seams I may remake the block. This block is called Love in the Mist and is just a beautiful block.


Joke said...

Hi Tamara!

Great new ironing board cover! What an original idea.
Love your weblog so I'm going to read some more and enjoy the beautiful things you make ...


Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.