Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Catch-up

Oops forgot to get pictures taken off Christmas decorations before everything was taken done. Guess I'll have to try next year to get pictures. Christmas was great had all of the kids at home. Kelsie managed to get to our house safely with our grandson (Zane). Zane was born 11-25-09 and I have just been in Grandma heaven, he is such a good baby. I still can't believe she is a mom and we are now grandparents. It was such a blessing to have everyone here. On top of this we had the worst storm or should I say blizzard of all time. Got close to 14 inchs in a 24 hour period. Past the best gift of having my whole family home for Christms I got two of Jennifer Chiaverini books "Quilters Holiday" and "The Lost Quilter" also received a couple new quilt books "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" and "The Farmer's Wife Sampler" by Laurie Aaron Hird. The blocks in these books are 6 inchs and each quilt has over 100 blocks. I'm going to be busy for a long time make small blocks. I finally finished the stitcheries from Crabapple Hill I started in June for my Sister-in-law and have gotten back to working on my "Tiskat a Tasket" that I started a year ago that Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs was so generous to give out the free patterns for. There are several projects that I would like to actually finish up and many of these are tops that need quilted. I really should make a list of my projects and their status of needs quilted, borders added, needs pieces sewn together, etc. maybe this would help me get a handle on these WIP's.

No comments: