Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I have been so busy taking care of things that I have had little time to even read my emails. So here is what I have been up to this holiday season. Christmas day was spent at home with the four of us. Sam loved her quilt but I was so stunned when she asked if it "was a store bought quilt" I guess she forgot about helping me with the block setting we did a year ago. Maybe I should work faster at finishing quilts.

I managed to get tickets to Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas concert in Omaha for the 26th. While we were there the record company and other ranking member's presented the group with their platinum records. Mannheim's new album went platinum within 9 days of release, so it was a memorable moment for hubby and I. Then on Friday the 28th I got the letter stating the judge granted me full legal and physical custody of my Son. So one more hurdle jumped over. So that brings me to the weekend. Hum grocery shopping on Saturday boy that teenager eats a lot ;-)

Sunday Sam had a gymnastics clinic. Then my husband surprised me and had the Son babysit so we could go out for our 12 year anniversary. It still seems unbelievable that it was 12 years ago yet some how it seems like forever. It was a really nice time to talk and make future plans for the family.

Yesterday what a busy day laying down what is expected like rules and responsibilities for the teenager, on top of that I cleaned 2 bathroom cupboards. Of course we decided that it was time to take down all the holiday decorations. The kids were rewarded with all nighters, son was allowed according to our rules to spend the night with a friend. Sam had been signed up for a sleepover at the gymnastics complex. What a extremely quit way to bring in the New year.

I did manage to sneak in some sewing. The snowman pillow I started in November and finished right before Christmas and had started the Santa pillow in hopes to have it done before Christmas. Both pillow patterns are from Bloomin Minds. I realized on Sunday when I was leaving for our anniversary dinner that my holiday bag needed replaced. So started a new charm bag and finished it today. I decided to use the last charm pack I had from the Victorian Decadent quilt. I revamped the design from the holiday bag to be a bit smaller with the pocket on front sewn down the middle so a cell phone would fit in either side snugly.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

Love the snowman pillow!