Monday, December 3, 2007

Icy weather

We had an icy storm over the weekend. We did not lose power with this storm; my husband was a little bummed wanted to have a reason to turn on the generator. We did have a nice sheet at least 1/4 inch thick of ice on everything. I know have gorgouse ice bushes. Luckily with there being so much ice I was able to see how the car I got in July handles the yucky stuff. Wowser I have anti-lock brakes and traction control. That makes me feel a little safer, but even if my car and I can handle it there still are others out there that do not use their head and they are the ones that crash me.

We have another wonderful storm coming in Thursday the weatherman says; so maybe hubby will get a chance then to play with his toy. I hope everyone stays safe and warm with the storms that have been hitting us lately.
P.S. to see the icy just click on the picture it should enlarge making it easier to see. I took the picture through the screen door which made all the lines.

2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

You didn't get snow yesterday? We got blasted last night and usually we get what you got. I guess this one came from the north.

Elaine Adair said...

Woo hoo - another Nebraska gal! Thanks for your comment, and dropping by. Good to know there are some other folks in Nebraska who are blogging. I KNOW they are quilting! Are you coming to Chadron for the State Meeting in July 2008?